Re: Disable lang/perl5 threads by default

Am 12.06.2014 um 17:40 schrieb Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost>:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:34:22 +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>>>
>>> See also PR pkg/46280.
>>
>> I don't see any reason for this PR. Seems to me a dirty workaround
>> for broken OS condition. I have no problems on NetBSD 6.1 with perl and
> threads.
>
> I see. Then the issue must not exist. I shall close the PR straight
> away.
>
> hauke
>
> (any sarcasm you found is yours to keep)

There is seriously an issue, but it's not necessarily related to perl or
p5-Digest-SHA. It's probably an issue somewhere else.

Can you repeat it on any other non-beta NetBSD version? If not, I suggest
address it in NetBSD, not in pkgsrc. Is it i386 only or are other architectures
affected, too? Was the perl compiled straight for named OS version or were
there some src/ updates in meantime?

I also wonder where the -L/usr/local/lib is coming from and what's installed
there. The --whole-archive scares me, too.

So basically, the ticket looks weird to me and while I like being
surprised - I don't expect this report leads to any perl related issue.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack
pkgsrc, Perl5