Re: Perl5 update

On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 01:56:00 +0900, Jens Rehsack <sno%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

After following changes
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2014/04/28/msg105057.html
native perl is usable if it satisfies whole dependencies related to perl

I'm very surprised how you deal with

devel/p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker for system perl and a 2nd
devel/p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker for pkgsrc perl

I rate the idea itself as dangerous.

In my point of view, I want to use packages requiring perl as a tool.
Not for perl itself, including additional perl modules.
Please look at the diff, only for USE_TOOLS=perl.

The next step is split runtime and buildtime dependency handling,
to improve cross build support.

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost