Re: NetBSD current's native xorg support

From: Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost>, Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
15:47:27 +0000

> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:36:06PM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> NetBSD current has newer native xorg libraries including freetype 2.5.3 now.
>> I would like to update pkgtools/x11-links for NetBSD curernt's native xorg.
>> And builtin support for freetype 2.5.3.
>>
>> Patches are attached.
>>
>> Can I commit thse patches?
>> This patches fix build failure of graphics/cairo at least.
>
> Your patch has made things better for me - I still have a cairo build
> failure though:
>
> checking for FREETYPE... yes
> checking whether cairo's FreeType font backend feature could be enabled... yes
> checking for cairo's Fontconfig font backend feature...
> checking for FONTCONFIG... no
> checking whether cairo's Fontconfig font backend feature could be enabled...
> no (requires fontconfig >= 2.2.95)
> configure: error:  Fontconfig font backend feature could not be enabled
>
> Guessing: Do I need something in fontconfig bl3.mk?

freetype2.pc has "xx" strings.
And it may cause build error of conftest.c from configure.
Please test the patch in
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2014/03/22/msg024499.html .

I can build firefox and emacs24 with these patches.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3