Re: lang/php{54,55} and www/apache24 does not work without ZTS support

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM, matthew sporleder
<msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> In the case of apache24  I highly recommend using mpm_event and
> php_fpm instead of mod_php.

I've done this and things appear happy again, at least in my basic usage.

What I used to do: www/apache24, www/php55, www/ap-php. The last
working configuration was with packages built from pkgsrc-current
around mid-February.

What I tried: upgrading to packages built from pkgsrc-current around
now. I got errors like ryoon@'s (plus others from certain PHP
extensions).

What worked instead: I installed www/php-fpm, started it from
/etc/rc.d, and followed the configuration instructions mspo@ pointed
me at off-list: <URL:http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHP-FPM>

I feel better with FastCGI than with webserver-specific modules
anyway, and with the instructions it was really easy to switch.