pkgsrc tools phase [was Re: Updating plans of lang/ghc]

   Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:05:56 +0900
   From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi%gmail.com@localhost>

   (I think that pkgsrc should define the build-tools phase, if not exist yet.)

For what it's worth, there is some mechanism for this: TOOL_DEPENDS,
which I added last year for cross-compilation support.  See, e.g.,
x11/libxcb for an example.  Whether this is appropriate for a GHC
bootstrap I don't know, but it may be worth investigating.