Issues with jabberd2 package 2.3.1

I just installed jabberd2 from source and while it works there are a
few issues with the package.

There is no ChangeLog file but it is in the PLIST.

There are a bunch of options but they are not in the default options
file .../mk/defaults/options.description.

The MESSAGE file refers to NEWS but no such file is installed.  There
is a NEWS file in the distribution but it is in a different place and
in any case, I don't think that the message is correct.  It is
basically the ChangeLog missing above.  It doesn't say what to do if
upgrading from an earlier version.

there is also this from pkglint:

NOTE: Makefile:3: This package is newer than the update request to
1.6.1.1.

I think that this is confusing jabberd2 with the older jabberd
package.  That package does not seem to be supported any more.  Perhaps
we should just remove that older one.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost