Re: Bootstrapping on Mavericks [Re: import wip/leveldb to pkgsrc/databases]

* On 2013-11-23 at 13:20 GMT, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:

> 22 нояб. 2013, в 21:18, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost>
> написал(а):
>
> > * On 2013-11-22 at 12:35 GMT, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> >
> >> However, fresh pkgsrc installation still halted at libtool-base
> >> with missing dlopen() dependency message. The mk/dlopen.builtin.mk
> >> tries to find some header files, but without success - Mavericks
> >> has no /usr/include with default XCode installation (how to change
> >> that at App Store? o_O), so it's required to install command line
> >> tools as well:
> >>
> >>    xcode-select --install
> >
> > You don't need to do this with pkgsrc trunk, there are a number of
> > changes to accommodate XCode 5.
>
> Well, I tried it with pkgsrc-2013Q3, indeed, and my system was
> upgraded from Lion with relevant XCode to Mavericks + Xcode 5.0.2.
> Good to know it work on pkgsrc-current.  IMHO it would be good to
> backport the checks to pkgsrc-2013Q3 as well, could you create a
> pull-up request, please?

I'm not going to do that - these patches are still under active
development and could still do with a full bulk build to highlight any
further issues and possible improvements.

Also I do not like anything which isn't a critical security fix being
pulled up.  We have a very fast release cycle already, and there is
too much risk that a pullup might cause a regression on a supposedly
stable branch.  The 'xcode-select --install' work around will suffice
until we release 2013Q4.

We've already had to rebuild most of our entire package set twice due
to miscellaneous pullups of large dependencies to 2013Q3.