Re: Fwd: guile version problems for graphviz

Le 06/11/13 01:53, Greg Troxel a écrit :

Von: Richard PALO <richard.palo%free.fr@localhost>
Betreff: guile version problems for graphviz
Datum: 4. November 2013 15:20:40 MEZ
An: sno%netbsd.org@localhost

Hi Jens,

In trying to build graphviz with guile in my default options, I get
the following during package phase (on SunOS x86):
=> Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat
/var/tmp/pkgsrc/graphics/graphviz/work/.destdir/opt/local/lib/graphviz/guile/libgv_guile.la'
pkg_create: can't stat
/var/tmp/pkgsrc/graphics/graphviz/work/.destdir/opt/local/man/man3/gv.3guile'
pkg_create: can't stat
/var/tmp/pkgsrc/graphics/graphviz/work/.destdir/opt/local/share/graphviz/doc/pdf/gv.3guile.pdf'

I sort of figured this out.

With gsed instead of sed, the obtaining-version seems to works.

sed -n makes sense because guile --version prints

   Guile 1.8.8
   Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,
2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation
   Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
   certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
   `COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
   There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

and only the first line is wanted, so having a 1 and a trailing p is
sensible.  The spaces are bizarre.  But I tink the problem is the use of
\+, which sed is documented to use Basic REs which do not support +.

So I patched configure to use * instead of +, and it builds for me
(NetBSD 6, pkgsrc 2013Q3).  I patched head without building (because of
lua changes, and I don't have a head build handy), on the theory that
it's highly likely to be ok since the only package changes were lua
build adaptations.  Please complain to me if there's anything wrong.

Hi, I tried this patch, but it doesn't seem to quite work right yet (on either stock solaris nor netbsd.org's sed)... but with a slight mod as follows it does (suppressed the '*' prior to the '\('):

richard@devzone:~$ cat guile-version.txt
Guile 1.8.8
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,
2008 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.
richard@devzone:~$ cat guile-version.txt |nbsed -n '1 s/^.* *\([0-9\.]*\)$/\1/
p'

richard@devzone:~$ cat guile-version.txt |/usr/bin/sed -n '1 s/^.*

richard@devzone:~$ cat guile-version.txt |nbsed -n '1 s/^.* \([0-9\.]*\)$/\1/ p'