Re: RTI add zlib.pc to devel/zlib

Le 02/11/13 23:04, Greg Troxel a écrit :

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:28:07PM +0100, Richard PALO wrote:
In working on updating cups to 1.7 and adding cups-filters to
pkgsrc, I came across (on solaris) that the pkgsrc zlib doesn't have
a zlib.pc whereas on my illumos-based distribution, it surprisingly
does.

Well, it is not something provided by upstream. I am not sure we should
either...

I think I agree with Joerg.  In general I think pkgsrc should be as thin
a wrapper around upstream as possible, with most changes intended to be
sent upstream and applied by them.  Plus fixes to install paths, and
adding rc.d files.  I think we should minimize adding features via
pkgsrc.

Richard:
   Have you submitted a bug report and fix to zlib?  What did they say?

   Do you know how the .pc came to appear in your illumos system?

Well, just looked into the tarball on the website (pkgsrc delivers via files/) and I notice both zlib.pc.cmakein and zlib.pc.in, solaris, omnois and oi userland don't really do anything special other than what upstream expects to provide.

Perhaps the maintainer omitted a number of pertinent pieces,
so I'll submit a bugreport asking for a more thorough integration.