Re: Building libfetch and fetch in-tree

On 01/10/2013 19:26, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 01:00:50AM +0200, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> I am attaching a complete diff here anyway; please let me know if/when I
>> could commit part or all of these changes.
>
> This should *not* be committed.

Why not? It unbreaks the upstream repository, without breaking anything
within pkgsrc (as far as I can see). It is particularly useful while
debugging fetch/libfetch on platforms with limited or no pkgsrc support
(like MacOS X), or to be distributing this version of fetch/libfetch
outside pkgsrc.

The same thing applies to pkg_install by the way, where I have already
done half of the work. It makes even more sense over there as far as I'm
concerned.

> libfetch can be found in src/external/bsd/fetch already anyway.

Then it should be imported over there as well if I commit the changes.

Cheers,
--
khorben