Re: libffi on ia64-hp-hpux11.31

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 10:01:37AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 09:44:39 +0900, Paul Ackersviller <pda%sdf.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> >The pkgsrc build of devel/libffi is badly broken on ia64-hp-hpux11.31,
> >but my question is easier than worrying how to fix that just yet.
> >
> >Since upstream the build is trouble-free here, at least with gcc and
> >gmake, is there a way I can yell pkgsrc to use one I already have for
> >dependencies rather than building its own?
> >
> >Alternatively, would ignoring pkgsrc patches be as simple as just
> >removing the patch files?
>
> Try to remove patch-* (except patch-a{c,d}) from distfiles.
>

> Could you provide detailed broken information on your platform?

Sure, is here preferred to a ticket in the netbsd bug tracker?

Below shows the tail end of a log.  What happens is something gets
stuck waiting for input from stdin, so just before the end I hit
an EOF at the terminal.  I looked a bit at the shell, but it's too
obtuse for me to understand.

checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking assembler .cfi pseudo-op support... no
checking whether .eh_frame section should be read-only... expr: Syntax error

yes
checking for __attribute__((visibility("hidden")))... yes
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating include/ffi.h
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating man/Makefile
config.status: creating libffi.pc
config.status: creating fficonfig.h
config.status: linking ../src/ia64/ffitarget.h to include/ffitarget.h
config.status: executing buildir commands
config.status: create top_srcdir/Makefile guessed from local Makefile
config.status: buggy sed found - it deletes tab in "a" text parts
config.status: build in ia64-hp-hpux11.31 (HOST=)
config.status: executing libtool commands
rm: libtoolT non-existent
config.status: executing include commands
config.status: executing src commands
=> Modifying libtool scripts to use pkgsrc libtool
===> Building for libffi-3.0.13
/bin/sh: : Execute permission denied.
/bin/sh: ia64-hp-hpux11.31:  not found.
MAKE ia64-hp-hpux11.31 : 0 * all
/bin/sh: : cannot execute
/bin/sh:  Makefile |tail -1| sed -e 's/.*|//' :  not found.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /devapp/pkgsrc/devel/libffi/work/libffi-3.0.13
*** Error code 1