Re: Ghostscript seems to be broken on OS X

> Ok - I have tracked this down to a problem with freetype2. Ghostscript
> provides its own but pkgsrc places references to system freetype2 libs in
> CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS (I'm using XDarwin) as "-I/opt/X11/include/freetype2".
> This causes a build failure when just building ghostscript without pkgsrc.
> Building without this produces a working gs.
>
> I can't figure out how that "-I/opt/X11/include/freetype2" is getting in to
> the CFLAGS in pkgsrc. I tried commenting out the reference to freetype2's
> buildlink3.mk. No luck there.
>
> How can I get pkgsrc to not put in this include path at configure time? If I
> can get past that, I should be able to test my theory.
>
> Louis

Normally, adding PREFER.freetype2=pkgsrc to your mk.conf would trigger the use
of pkgsrc's freetype2 package. But I suspect freetype2 gets picked by something
else. Do you define X11BASE? Or, maybe, a configure script detects it.

On Mac OS X, I don't use X11 at all (X11BASE=/dev/null X11_TYPE=none
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=-x11) as most package provide support for Quartz graphics.
:)

Kind regards,
Adam