Packages that install/use private headers?

I'm trying to update misc/calibre to the current version. Unfortunately
this version uses private headers from qt4.

Of course it is *possible* to create a package that installs the private
headers from a main package... but I find it rather distasteful. I
looked at the headers in question and (of course) they warn against
using them in strong words.

On the other hand, the package at hand uses those headers, has done so
for a while, and is not planning to fix that; see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1094719 .

In the mean time I have my local version updated to the last one that
compiles without using the private headers.

What to do?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'