Re: python32 and python33 dependencies from a package

"OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> It may not work as expected for the case PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT
> is not in PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED.
>
> It is not simple.
>
> For example, gobject-introspection appeared in the depends list,
> and it depends on textproc/py-cElementTree, but it should not
> try to install py32-cElementTree as a dependency.

I agree this is not straightforward, but it seems that once a package
picks a python version, then any dependencies that are desired should be
required with that same version.  Does this work at all?  Or is the
problem intermediate dependencies via non-python programs, or that gedit
is not a pyXX- prefixed program?