Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 12:38:36PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> No, it wouldn't. But it seems that we, the NetBSD project, don't do
> a good job of keeping the X11 libraries in the base system up to date
> and an even worse job of back porting that to older supported releases.

It's just a lot harder to keep ~100 X packages in two or three
supported NetBSD branches up-to-date than updating one package in
pkgsrc. From history, I see that it just doesn't happen.

Also, that doesn't address the issue at all for people who installed
5.0 and prefer to stay at that version (which is supported for the
base system -- they do get security fixes!) -- it'll never get X
updates.
 Thomas