Re: math/blas and math/lapack broken: cannot find -lf95

Hi,

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>, Date: Sat, 18 May
2013 01:10:04 +0200

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 07:49:39AM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> If fortran and fortran77 should use same compiler, what is the mean of
>> having separate compiler options, fortran and fortran77.
>
> Until recently, requiring a separate compiler would have been way too
> heavy for something like devel/libtool-base, which is needed by almost
> anything else. Now that Fortran is split off, the situation is much less
> dramatic.

Do you want to say f2c is light package, and g95 is heavy package?

> If someone really only wants to use Fortran77, f2c is good
> enough, but given e.g. the inability to build R with it, I find that a
> bad default choice.

I have thought when USE_LANGUAGES=fortran, g95 should be used,
and when USE_LANGUAGES=fortran77, f2c should be used.

But according to joerg@, fortran77 and fortran cannot coexist as
pkgsrc compiler, because ABI incompatibility. My understanding is right?

If fortran77 and fortran cannot coexist as pkgsrc compiler,
when f2c is default fortran compiler, USE_LANGUAGES=fortran should not
invoke g95.

By the way,
I have thought fc2 is only supports fortran77,
but in pkgsrc/mk/compiler/f2c.mk,
LANGUAGES.f2c=fortran fortran77 is defined.
Is this correct?

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3