Re: libtool wrapper PATH

On Sat, 04 May 2013 19:34:03 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 03:19:01PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 02:18:00PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
>> libtool reorders PATH internally and ignores .wrapper/bin and/or
>> tools/bin somehow.  This patch limits the passed PATH to .wrapper/bin
>> and .tools/bin.  With this commands called from libtool are also
>> jailed.
>
> Can you start by what problem you are trying to solve?

To strictly follow actual activity done in libtool.  The change is too
strict to checkin the pkgsrc tree, but I'm successfully collecting
interesting observations.

It will break some cases like libtool relink. It is intentional that
libtool itself is allowed to call the real CC after the buildlink
transformations have been done.

real CC should be called via .tools/bin/${CC}, it's in the PATH,
so what is the problem?

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost