Re: pkgsrc cross-compilation and other miscellaneous patches

   Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:40:06 -0400
   From: Thomas Cort <linuxgeek%gmail.com@localhost>

   I've been looking into cross compilation in pkgsrc a bit lately, and
   one thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around is how all of the
   makefiles which use exists(/some/path) will work in a cross
   compilation environment, especially all of the builtin.mk files. They
   look for headers and certain files, but it seems that they use
   absolute paths and would find what's built into the build system, not
   things in the sysroot of the target system. Any thoughts on this? I
   couldn't find it mentioned in prior discussions.

Sounds like a bug that we'll need to fix, especially for cross-OS
builds, perhaps just by prefixing ${CROSS_DESTDIR} to the names, or
perhaps by adding a variable ${BUILTIN_SYSROOT} to make the local
intent clearer.