Re: Renaming user-* packages

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:31:48 +0900, Jonathan Perkin
<jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:

Cute, but I don't like magic, I'd prefer we fixed this properly.

Yes, just a workaround.

Probably, there some real solutions:

1. change pbulk to resolve dependency well

I'm not sure it is hard or not.

2. rename `user' package (as your suggestion)

It is reasonable, because those packages provide same functional,
but different implementation, like lang/*awk packages.
In addition to your patch, yes, we need to revbump whole packages
using user/group handling.

3. (create new package's availability, not FAIL, just SKIP?)

(might be required for 1.)

IMO, 2. is preferred, but affect to many packages...

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost