Re: organized system prefix

* On 2013-04-03 at 13:40 BST, OBATA Akio wrote:

> Currently, there are many hard-coded /usr/include and /usr/lib
> in mk/buildlink/bsd.buildlink3.mk.
>
> It is not correct for Haiku.
>  * system header files are in /boot/develop/headers
>  * system library files are in /boot/system/lib
>  * additional header and libraries are in /boot/common/{include,lib}
> It may also not correct for some optional development toolkit on other
> platforms.

This will also help our 'SNGL' brand of SmartOS where we relocate the
core OS to /system and install pkgsrc into /usr - see my pkgsrcCon
2013 slides for more information.

What I'd like to see in addition to this is generalised handling for
mk/*.builtin.mk, which is something you will likely run into anyway.
Currently these files are not LOCALBASE=/usr clean, and abstracting
them away in a similar manner would be a great help.

I'd like to try this patch out in a bulk build at some point
(unfortunately not earlier than a couple of weeks from now), but in
principle I'm all for it.

Thanks,