Re: Default PHP version.

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:45:27 +0900 (JST), Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> Today, PHP 5.3.22 and PHP 5.4.12 released.  Along with updating to
> these version, I want to switch default version of PHP from 5.3 to
> 5.4; make PHP_VERSION_DEFAULT to 54 default.
>
> Is there any comment about it?

Hum.

This is probably too late, but I painfully backed out an upgrade to php
5.4.x just ten days ago. Squirrelmail broke, with apache processes
dumping core when sending mail; running SquirrelMail's HEAD didn't make
a difference. In addition, the typo3 4.5.24 installation on the machine
started exhibiting all sorts of permission related weirdness. I get the
impression that quite a few php based applications are not there, yet;
and for the time being, I have tied the php version to 5.3 on the
machine in question.

FWIW,
hauke

--