Re: rpath problem in xentools41

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 07:36:32PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:19:19AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Basically, -L should be given with the path of the library as seen
> > by the build, and -R/rpath with the path as it will be encountered
> > by the program running while installed.  This is one of the many
> > things taken care of by libtool.
> >
> > So find the link line for that lib, and see what rpath is.   It may
> > have DESTDIR in it, and shouldn't.
>
> This has been discussed before.  The problem hs that this is not
> linked by libtool, but by ocaml.  I've no idea what should be done to
> teach ocaml to not use DESTDIR here.
>
> And anyway, this library is not used ...

also see the follow-up patches at:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2012/11/25/msg010439.html

this gets a little confounded because I have been tackling a couple
different issues:

- xenstored crashing
  - trying to address this by using oxenstored instead
  - xenbackendd also seems problematic here; it loses its brains when
    the store disappears, and doesn't recover gracefully
- switching from xm to xl
  - not expected to work under 4.1.2, but kinda does
  - 4.1.3 status is unknown
  - 4.2 is supposed to work

rpath is only related to the first.

if anybody has contacts at Intel who can get me funding to work on this
in my non-spare-time, please have them get in contact with me.  :)

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost