Re: Enabling PHP modules by default

In message <rmi1ubm5dbx.fsf%fnord.ir.bbn.com@localhost>
        on Mon, 11 Mar 2013 08:29:54 -0400,
        Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Our PHP supports the "Scan this dir for additional .ini files" with
>> the directory /usr/pkg/etc/php.d, what would you think of enabling
>> modules by default by creating a /usr/pkg/etc/php.d/foo.ini file
>> instead of just asking the user to do it?
>
> That seems a little scary - extensions sort of feel like they should be
> under sysadmin control.  But I see your point.
Sure.

Utilize /usr/pkg/etc/php.d:

        * No need to edit php.ini.
        x When updating packages and if you forget to add some newer
          version, you won't notice untill running PHP applications.

Current shceme:

        x Need to edit php.ini
        * Admin can strictly control enabling PHP module.
        * When updating packages and if you forget to add some newer
          version, you will notice to missing package with
          "apachctl configtest".

I prefer current scheme, anyway.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca%back-street.net@localhost>