Re: net/openvpn23 ?

manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:

> Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> To follow upstream, we would have to change it in all nagios packages in
>> pkgsrc, in one commit, with revbumps.  I'm not sure it's necessary vs
>> following the current pkgsrc convention, but I don't have any real
>> problem with it.  I do think pkgsrc has to have a single rule, and it
>> should be documented in nagios-base/Makefile.common.
>
> Right, but what should happen when someone upgrade? Just a message
> telling the admin to move the files? We move them for him? We just add a
> symlink plugins -> ../ ?

Each package has a revbump.  So the admin doesn't touch them; they just
upgrade all packages.  Having inconsistent packages doesn't work
anyway.  Are you wondering about hand-placed check_ files that are not
under the control of pkgsrc?  Typically, pkgsrc does not worry about that.

Probably nagios-base (?) needs a MESSAGE saying any nrpe.conf has to
change the files it calls.