Re: multiple package options

Jaap Boender <jaapb%kerguelen.org@localhost> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to use multiple options per package?
>
> The explanation: I was trying to get the kde4 packages to build with debug
> options; the things to do are the same for every package (add some cmake
> flags, basically), so I started out just adding an option to the kde4
> meta-package, which then passes through to all packages that use kde4.
>
> However, as markd@ pointed out, there are actually kde4 packages that use
> their own option variables, so I'm looking for a way to combine these two
> variables - I don't really see very well how.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

Really you are proposing adding a debug option to a large number of
packages, not to a meta-package (which presumably has an empty PLIST).

So probably in the meta-pkg Makefile.common you would have

  PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS+= debug
  PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS+= debug

  [if debug, then cmake_flags+= foo]

which will add the option to every package using that Makefile.common.

In general, it may be best for setting of the above  to always be +=
rather than =.