Re: bulk-*

David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 08:30:57PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>  > > Add three meta-packages, bulk-small, bulk-medium, and bulk-large.
>  > > These are lists of packages that can be used to do restricted bulk
>  > > builds on small/slow machines without having to spend time researching
>  > > which packages to include.
>  >
>  > Why do we do this as meta-packages rather than as a list of
>  > packages for pbulk?
>
> What do you suppose a meta-package *is*?

meta-package is a package, it is meant for end users.
What you do is meant for bulk builders rather than for end users.
Why do we do this as meta-packages rather than lists of packages for pbulk??

This is not consistent either. When following this approach we should have
meta-pkgs/bulk-all package to build all possible packages.

If it is really needed to be put into pkgsrc, then it should be in
pkgtools category rather (along with pbulk).

I propose that we convert these into lists that pbulk understands,
and put all of them into some package in pkgtools category. Again,
if this is really needed to be versioned and distributed along with
pkgsrc.

--
HE CE3OH...