Re: postgresql packages, PG_SUBPREFIX and CONFLICTS

>> Yeah, we've had this since 1999/2000:
>>
>> % pkg_info -Fe /usr/pkg/bin/gmake
>> gmake-3.82nb2
>> %
>>
> I think the point of this was a database of all available package
> files/PLISTs, even those which are not installed.

Yes. I proposed to add PLIST here

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2012/10/26/msg010289.html
((optional) provide pkg_summary_xxx = pkg_summary + PLIST...)

exactly for this purpose and Filip understaood me correctly.

> So if I wanted to find the 'git' package it could be recommended to me.
> scmgit is a great example of a hard-to-find package.

It's trivial. If user want some package he usually knows a command.
So, if PLIST was a part of pkg_summary he would do the following.

  # nih search f:s:bin/git
  devel/gitolite            -   Gitolite allows you to host Git repositories
easily and securely
  devel/scmgit-base         -   GIT Tree History Storage Tool (base package)
  misc/git                  -   GNU Interactive Tools - a file system browser
for UNIX systems
  www/gitweb                -   Web interface for GIT repositories
  # nih search f:suffix:bin/git
  devel/scmgit-base         -   GIT Tree History Storage Tool (base package)
  #

"f" means PLIST, "s" -- substring search strategy, "suffix" -- obviously
suffix search strategy. For details look for "search" command here

http://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/pkgnih/nih.txt

I agree with Filip. 100Mb of plain text for PLIST is not a problem.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.