Re: New options for freeswitch

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:22:16 -0400
Julio Merino <julio%meroh.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%vex.net@localhost>
> wrote:
> > The first package is the music which will be used by the main pkg.
> > It requires four options to specify bit rate.  FreeBSD uses 8k,
> > 16k, 32k and 48k.  I am not sure if options.description can take
> > option names starting with a digit.  If not, how about hz8k, etc.
> > Would bitrate8k, etc. be better?
>
> Cannot you create 4 different packages, one for every bit rate,
> instead?

Not that simple.  This package would actually be pulled in by the main
FreeSWITCH package so they would have to decide then which music files
to pull in.  Since they have to pick some options (or use the defaults)
anyway there is nothing really to be gained by splitting up the package
that would be included.

Why would you split it up?  Multiple options is not tricky.  I'm just
trying to get consensus on the names.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost