Re: broken packages for 2012Q3

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:18:05AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > > It doesn't do any good to produce broken binary packages, though.
 > > Maybe some of the PKG_DEVELOPER checks should be moved out of
 > > PKG_DEVELOPER. Particularly the PLIST check, at least when using
 > > destdir builds.
 >
 > The PLIST check is relatively cheap with DESTDIR builds. It only touches
 > inodes, that would be needed in the next step (packaging) anyway. If
 > that creates a significant amount of IO, kern.maxvnodes should be
 > raised.

Right, plus it's probably the most valuable single check -- sometimes
it's a nuisance, e.g. when docs you don't care about fail to install
for some reason, but there are plenty of cases when PLIST divergence
is the only overt evidence that the whole build failed.

(I know you know this, but the rest of the audience may not)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost