Dealing with a package that uses Makefile.PL but is not a Perl module

Hi all,

I'm struggling with a package I want to update in wip (wip/koha) that
has the following simple, but awkward, build procedure:

    $ perl Makefile.PL INTRANET_CGI_DIR=/foo/bar
    $ make
    $ make install

First, the only packages I see as examples that use perl way of
configuring things (Makefile.PL) are Perl module, that include
"../../lang/perl5/module.mk", but this is not the case.

First, I have to pass a variable to Makefile.PL but, with the
"../../lang/perl5/module.mk" way of doing things, it doesn't seem to be
possible.

How to deal with it?

Thank you.

--