Re: Impact of updating to tcl/tk 8.5.12, tcl-expect 5.45 with 7 proposed patch sets

Hi John,

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 21:42:57 +0200, John Marino wrote:
> textproc/tcl-expat v1.1 (no maintainer)
>    ltcl84 is hardcoded, this is probably easily fixable.
>    Homepage dead, so no new versions available (??)

I think tDOM is more widely used. I started packaging it in wip a while
ago.

> graphics/tkpiechart v5.4 (no maintainer)
>    Fails in installation (where it builds), "can't find package stoop"
>    Cause unclear, probably resolved in configuration stage

stooop is an object system for Tcl. It's part of tcllib. Can you see if
adding a dependency to tcllib does the trick?

Anyway, I'd say updating Tcl is important work, thanks for doing this.

Best regards,

Moritz