Re: thunderbird10 10.0.6 - missing symbold

This reminds me of a problem I hand at work, don't know whether it's related
or not.

In our case, the shell wrapper for thunderbird set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the
binary would find its own supplied version of libxul. When you then launched
firefox by clicking on an HTTP link in an email, firefox would find that
version of libxul (the names are not versioned) and not the one supplied by
firefox, and complain about some missing symbol as soon as a plugin ws started.

This did not happen when firefox already had been launched before.

Our cure was to change thunderbird's HTTP handler to another shell wrapper
that first unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH.