Re: package failures for 2012Q2

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:55:45AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:44:08AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 > > devel/p5-VCP
 > >    "not a HASH reference"; the problem is that
 > >    textproc/p5-XML-AutoWriter is not compatible with Perl 5.14 and
 > >    needs to be updated/fixed.
 >
 > There is no newer version of textproc/p5-XML-AutoWriter. The latest
 > is from 2009.
 > Perhaps we should just remove the two?

Possibly. I don't do Perl, so I have no idea how fixable it is, nor am
I interested in trying.

Perhaps we should mark both BROKEN and remove them after branching?

 > > editors/xemacs-current
 > >    temacs dumps core, PR 35500. This issue is Olde. It may be
 > >    possible to fix it by updating.
 >
 > IIRC Hauke wanted to fix this. Or we just remove it, since it's an
 > Olde issue and noone fixed it.

It's probably worth at least trying the update, if anyone feels like
trying.

 > > graphics/koverartist
 > >    C++ issues appearing on gcc 4.1 (netbsd-5).
 >
 > Require a newer compiler?

If there were any guarantee that would fix the problem...

 > > lang/mercury
 > >    Generic build failure. When that's fixed, it'll probably
 > >    revert to its previous problem of SIGSEGV during build.
 > >    Apparently works on i386.
 >
 > Restrict to i386?
 >
 > > lang/racket
 > > lang/racket-textual
 > >    SIGABRT during build. Works on 32-bit platforms.
 >
 > Restrict to i386?

...we could restrict everything that doesn't build, but then the
chances of them getting fixed drop to nearly zero. Although these have
been hanging around broken for a long time.

 > > math/cgal
 > >    Fails on netbsd-5 due to lack of fenv.h.
 >
 > Restrict to NetBSD-6+?

Someone should at least look to see if it's e.g. just failing to
configure correctly.

 > > misc/root
 > >    Fails on fpos_t on -current and -6. Will probably have other
 > >    problems when that's fixed.
 >
 > Restrict to NetBSD-5 until someone fixes it?

It doesn't build on netbsd-5 either.

 > > misc/window
 > >    Fails on netbsd-5 because it expects the system headers to
 > >    provide __printflike.
 >
 > Restrict to NetBSD-6+? 5 has it in base anyway.

Probably better to fix it properly.

 > > multimedia/dvb-apps
 > >    Fails on netbsd-5 due to lack of dev/dtv/dtvio.h.
 >
 > Definitely restrict to 6+

Yeah. Done.

 > > multimedia/vlc08
 > >    Needs an older ffmpeg. Stephen Borrill wants to keep this and
 > >    was going to import an old ffmpeg to support it, but hasn't yet.
 >
 > cvs rm :)

Yes, well, let's give him a bit longer...

 > > net/arla
 > >    Expects kernel headers (and so fails right off in most builds)
 > >    and also expects kernel headers that don't exist. Only buildable
 > >    on netbsd-4, IIRC. Unless I've got mixed up again, should be
 > >    removed in favor of net/openafs.
 >
 > Restrict to NetBSD-4 for now and remove it once that's obsolete.

Done.

 > > net/citrix_ica
 > >    Assorted problems; most immediate is that the packaging doesn't
 > >    handle amd64 correctly.
 >
 > Restrict to i386?

Not sure. It's already restricted; there's a bunch of complicated
logic that apparently doesn't work quite right.

 > > security/validns
 > >    Fails on netbsd-5 due to lack of stpcpy().
 >
 > Restrict to 6+?

eh, probably better to fix it.

 > > sysutils/sformat
 > >    Fails on getline(), and the makefiles don't stop on error.
 >
 > This is from 2001. Perhaps it's time to leave.

I fixed it; wasn't actually that big a mess.

 > > wb/obconf
 > >    Cannot find 'obrender' and 'obparser'. This is because it needs
 > >    to be updated for more recent wm/openbox... but upstream hasn't
 > >    bothered to release anything.
 >
 > Remove it and add it again if a new release comes.

I'm starting to think that's the right approach. How about I mark it
BROKEN now, and we remove it after the freeze?

 > > www/ap-rpaf
 > > www/ap-scgi
 > >    These fail on apache24, and are otherwise ok.
 >
 > Do we have a variable we can set for this?

Apparently we do, although it has only a positive form (there's no
APACHE_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE).

Done.

 > > www/ocsigen
 > >    Needs update (in gnats).
 >
 > I'm in contact with the updater, he wanted to send another patch.

I prodded him to send the one that's currently rusting in gnats, and
haven't done anything about it since January and have been feeling
guilty about that...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost