Re: emacs

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 09:10:50PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 >  > (3) move/reimport editors/emacs as editors/emacs23;
 >  > (4) adjust _EMACS_PKGDIR_MAP for these changes;
 >  > (5) make editors/emacs a meta-package that depends on $EMACS_TYPE;
 >  >
 >  > and I would like to do this before the freeze if I can get it all
 >  > ready in time.
 >
 > I will do this in a couple hours if there's time. There are a couple
 > other pre-freeze things that are more urgent.

I don't think this is going to happen until after branching, for the
following reason: because all the emacs packages for particular
versions are named "emacs", there's nothing for editors/emacs to be
named. I could call it "emacs-selector" or something but that's at
best stupid and probably confusing.

I think the way to fix this is to change each of the emacs packages so
the name includes the version (emacs20, emacs21, etc.) but I don't
want to try doing this in the 45 minutes remaining before the freeze
sets in.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost