flag/report about important packages missing (no gtk2 in repo)

I tried to use pkgin to install gtk2. This was pkgin and pkg_summary
fetched during the sysinst install step (but I also did an pkgin update
again).

It is using
http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/6.0_BETA/All

Should we have a key list of important packages and a cron job that
periodically checks and alerts us?

I know this is just 6.0_BETA but that is not my point. How do we know if
the repo is not useful (common packages)?

I also looked at 6.0 and the pkg_summary is identical. (BUILD_DATE and
SIZE_PKG are identical so assume this is the exact same collection.)

It would also be nice to have a pointer to the build reports if
available or at least a note saying that it is not available.

I sent an email recently about wanting to identify who built and where
the packages came from. The pkg_summary does not tell me. I propose we
extend the pkg_summary to include a meta section about this or add the
details for every single package (by adding the info to every single
package). It can provide the hostname and the user and maybe a contact
information (URL and/or email) of the builder. These could be
overridden.  (I responded to the other email about this.)

By the way, what repo should I use now that has compatible xsrc X11?