Packages with non-distributable distfiles (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/cad/simian-docs=

> To bring this issue forward, I put the following suggestion up for
> decision making:
>
>     Packages are to be removed from pkgsrc, when the distfiles are not
>     distributable and cannot be obtained for a period of one full quarter
>     branch. Packages with manual / interactive fetch must have a
>     maintainer and it is his/her responsibility to ensure this.
But if the problem is that the distfile is non-distributable, why don't you
simply record precisely that in the package's Makefile, e.g.
        DISTFILE_NONDISTRIBUTABLE= YES
or
        DISTFILE_NONDISTRIBUTABLE_REASON= "Upstram author has gone mad"
and make that abort the fetch phase if the distfile is not already present
locally and then skip these packages in the bulk builds?