Re: long-broken packages (some are removal candidates)

On Aug 22,  6:06pm, David Holland wrote:
} On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 01:21:40PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
}  > I remember many of these packages from previous lists of yours. Could
}  > you please make a list of packages that have been broken for a year
}  > now, with the aim of removing them if noone speaks up for them
}  > (promising to fix them)?
}
} I don't have accurate data and I don't think spending time wading
} through the pkgsrc-bulk archives is all that worthwhile, as the
} exact details aren't that important.
}
} Here's a list of packages that might be considered based on what
} appears regularly in failure lists. I've excluded some that break
} regularly and get fixed, some that have been worked on but remain
} broken, etc.
}
} Some of them probably shouldn't be removed; others could be if nobody
} speaks up.
}
}    ------
}
} chat/centericq
}
} This has major C++ issues and AIUI is dead upstream and replaced by
} other packages that do work. Should be removed.

     This was replaced by chat/centerim which I imported quite some
time ago.  I was going to remove this, but I couldn't find any
statements from upstream saying it is dead, but that is the information
I have.

}-- End of excerpt from David Holland