Re: Packages with https-only MASTER_SITES

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost>
wrote:
> How does one create a pkgsrc package for a software package whose
> master site only supports HTTPS downloads?  For example, if I set
>
>  PKGVERSION=     8.0.2b
>  MASTER_SITES=   https://launchpad.net/vm/8.2.x/${PKGVERSION}/+download/
>
> in the Makefile, I get:
>
>  ftp: Can't lookup `https:ftp': No address associated with hostname
>  ftp: Can't connect or login to host `https:(null)'
>  fetch: Unable to fetch expected file vm-8.0.2b.tgz

This is well known problem. Have a look at
http://gnats.netbsd.org/45680 for some discussion.

Until this problem is not resolved I think it is fine to set
FETCH_USING to curl in package's Makefile. Some packages do.