Re: patch for REQUIRES

On 18. 3. 2012, at 14:24, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 01:55:44PM +0100, Filip Hajny wrote:
>> I'd like to commit the following patch before the freeze, which I have been
>> using locally for some time. It makes sure that libs provided in a package
>> are not recorded in REQUIRES of the same package.
>
> I don't see that happening for me right now.

I should have stressed out this is only the case if the said lib is normally
present elsewhere in the default search path, which is not the case on NetBSD
with libexpat. See partial output of ldd here (on SunOS):

[root@pkgbuild /tmp/pkgsrc/textproc/expat/work/.destdir]# ldd -s
opt/local/bin/xmlwf

   find object=libexpat.so.1; required by opt/local/bin/xmlwf
    search path=/opt/local/lib  (RUNPATH/RPATH from file opt/local/bin/xmlwf)
    trying path=/opt/local/lib/libexpat.so.1
    search path=/lib:/usr/lib:/opt/local/lib  (configuration default -
/var/ld/ld.config)
    trying path=/lib/libexpat.so.1
    trying path=/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1
        libexpat.so.1 =>         /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1

So the natural outcome of this is that REQUIRES records libs that are not
normally used/linked, just because we're in the stage-install phase still.

I understand now this doesn't happen on NetBSD at all, because (correct me if
I'm wrong) NetBSD doesn't have a concept of a default run-time linker search
path like crle on Solaris.

>> Objections?
>
> Yes, "works for me"…

Thanks, I'll get it committed.