Re: FireFox 10.0.1 pkg for testing

On 3/6/2012 13:13, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 08:51:42PM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
I feel that  preparing Firefox 11 before pkgsrc-2012Q1 freeze start
is difficult.

It might just work, I will try to test it upfront (the wip pkg has
all the magic needed to use non-released versions).

Martin

So there is bit of an issue with the committing of Firefox 10.0.2. Maybe announcing that the gold linker could build xulrunner was interpreted as "this works for DragonFly", but effectively only people running DragonFly 3.1 can build that, and only with a non-standard command. The mention of the gold linker was meant to help narrow the source of the problem and find a good solution.

The bottom line is that we went from a buildable Firefox 8 to a non-buildable Firefox 10 for the majority of DragonFly users, which is an intentional breakage.

Can we resume looking for a satisfactory solution for DragonFly?

Perhaps WRAPPER_REORDER_CMDS could help? Maybe if the -lkvm came in a different place, gnu ld wouldn't "skip" it?

John