Re: FireFox 10.0.1 pkg for testing

On 2/27/2012 23:21, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
Hi,

From: Martin Husemann<martin%duskware.de@localhost>, Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012
14:04:05 +0100
But in link stage, the following error generated.
I cannot understand why it fails.
I have added some OS_LIBS += $(call EXPAND_LIBNAME,kvm) to makefiles,
no effects. Attached patch-* does not include this attempt.

Hmm, that is what I would have tried as well - DragonFly folks, any ideas?

DragonFly 3.0.1 have shipped with gcc 4.4.7 and 4.1.2 and gcc 4.4.7 is default.
With gcc 4.4.7, hidden symbol error generated even when -lkvm is added.
With gcc 4.1.2, hidden symbol error does not generated when -lkvm is added.

There is gcc 4.4.7 related problem probably.

Thank you.

I was trying to build firefox 10.0.2 the other day but the glib2/gobject-introspection failures prevented me from getting there.

It's not a "problem" with gcc 4.4.7. Between gcc 4.1 and 4.4, the handling of hidden symbols changed. If a symbol is not exported (e.g visibility set to hidden) then gcc 4.4 isn't going accept it while gcc 4.1 didn't complain.

I haven't dug into the problem but presumably the kvm library may need adjusting to make the symbol visible.

John