Re: pkg_tarup inclusion in pkg_create

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, Martin Husemann wrote:

I don't care about "how it is done" or "principal", but currently I can
not "make replace" without having installed pkg_tarup manually.

Good point. +1 for integration into pkg_create from me. The counter argument boils down to "you should not use it", but then again, nobody is forced to.

Joerg: Could you explain why it is such a bad thing for pkg_create to gain a dependency on the package database?

--Benny.