Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/xzgv

On 12/16/2011 10:51 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:02:52AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
>>
>> But if we go for explicit linking, the buildlink.mk files need to build
>> the library list automagically - not the leaf pkg.
>
> I agree on both accounts. This makes me question the sanity of the
> binutils maintainers once more...
>
> Joerg

Take the example of ibus-handwrite seen in another thread.  How would
that have been fixed using buildlink3?  It appears like an oversight of
the package's makefile to me.

For the packages that can be fixed with LDFLAGS, is there functionality
for LDFLAGS.DragonFly as I see on LDFLAGS.SunOS?  Some of these have to
be fixed with patches but a good number can be fixed in the Makefile.
By the way, it appears that some of the reasons for LDFLAGS.SunOS
existing is for exactly the same reason: indirect linking prohibited.
So now there are multiple platforms having issues.

I knew that my commits would generate discussion, and I welcome it.
What's the best way to deal with this?  The last thing I want to do is
break a package for another platform, so that's my main driver after
fixing DragonFly breakage.

John