Re: why is replace.mk complaining about gsed?

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 03:43:58 +0900, John Marino <marino%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

On 12/9/2011 11:58 AM, OBATA Akio wrote:

It is bad idea to just hide the bug.

Please let me know how to reproduce the problem.
(I have no problem for editors/emacs20 on DragonFly-i386-2.10.1)

That depends on what is considered the bug.  I consider comparing string
variables
without quotes a dodgy decision at best.  One could consider these
string comparisons
without double quotes to be a bug.

Please let me know how to reproduce "the underlying bug"
(package name, OS, version of bmake & bootstrap-mk-files, settings in mk.conf
and so on).
"the bug" is
  * USE_TOOLS does not contains "gsed"
  * then _TOOLS_DEPMETHOD.gsed is not defined
  * but _USE_TOOLS contains "gsed"

It MUST be fixed.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost