Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/files/lib

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 08:21:08PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> But, if you object to this, then I think you're really objecting to the
> above policy -- which is a reasonable discussion to have, separate from
> whether agpl is properly added to the default list under the current
> documented policy.

Yes, the objection is to the current policy - we should not just be
rubber-stamping FSF licenses, since their licensing requirements are
different to TNF's - principally more stringent and onerous.

We see a number of companies who will not use GPLv3 or LGPLv3 software.

We see a number of BSD projects which will not include GPLv3 or LGPLv3
software.

Both of these decisions have been taken following legal advice.

I think we should respect the wishes of those entities, and remove
GPLv3 and LGPLv3 from the current list, and also remove AGPLv3 too.

Regards,
Alistair