Re: gtk queries

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 03:37:36PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> patch-af essentially applies to autoconf/lib/autoconf/libs.m4 as it patches
> AC_PATH_XTRA. I think the plan is to make sure that X_LIBS contains
> ${COMPILER_RPATH_FLAG} rather than guessing -R.

-R essentially only works by chance. GCC passes all unknown options
silently down to ld. So this depends on two things:
(1) The GCC behavior of passing down -R.
(2) ld supporting -R.

If upstream wants to default to something, it should be
-Wl,-rpath,$path. That's going to work on all ELF platforms and some
non-ELF systems (like AIX).

> Now for an easy one: why is USE_PKGLOCALEDIR necessary, and basically
> should it always be set to yes if there is a .po file somewhere?

Different location for the locale files on Solaris.

Joerg