Re: make print-PLIST and lib/charset.alias

On 10/25/11 6:43 PM, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
Hi,

From: Julio Merino<jmmv%NetBSD.org@localhost>, Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:38:58
-0400

On 10/25/11 7:34 AM, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
Hi,

The result of "make print-PLIST" contains lib/charset.alias.
The following patch remove lib/charset.alias from print-PLIST.
Is this acceptable?

Not like this.  If you submit this change, then the charset.alias file
will be left unregistered: i.e. no package will own it, and thus it will
never be cleaned up.

I think that there is no package that have lib/charset.alias in PLIST.
Only converters/libiconv have share/examples/libiconv/charset.alias
and copy to lib/ using REQD_FILES.

I don't know the semantics of REQD_FILES. Is the file properly removed if it has been modified by a second package?

Which package maintains the charset.alias file?  You need to depend on
that package.  And if there is no single package maintaining such file,
we need an alternative for the maintenance of this.

The charset.alias file should be maintained by converters/libiconv, I think.
But, as far as I understand correctly, when pkgsrc uses builtin libintl,
no package maintains the charset.alias file now.

Then, when builtin-iconv is used, there should be some install/deinstall script machinery on all packages using libiconv to handle the file. (Or, alternatively, a stub package that only owns the charset file.)