Re: pkgsrc-2011Q3 freeze has started

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:43:29PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> The freeze is planned to end on the 25th at 23:59 UTC.

I think that schedule is too tight to ensure basic sanity of the branch.
I have a bulk build running on NetBSD 5.99.55/AMD64 (with GCC 4.1) which
is currently at 2427/11720. There is one infrastructure patch pending
related to fixing an issue with Ruby 1.8 only packages. Build failures
at this early stage not fixed since yesterday:

(1) Emacs 23.3a aborts during bootstrap.

(2) Festival doesn't build due to errors in the inttypes.h definition in
    GCC3. This most likely needs some catch up with the header changes
    in current.

(3) qmail fails installation check due to overlapping PLIST with a
    dependency.

(4) kdelibs4 doesn't build due to missing dependencies.

(5) Lots of Python packages don't support 3.1 -- IMO the default support
    list shouldn't include 3.1 as the list of packages which do work is far,
    far smaller than the list of packages which don't. I plan to change
    this after the branch though.

(6) nessus-libraries fails due to missing distfile. See earlier email,
    this should IMO just be nucked.

Given that at least (4) is pretty high profile, I would like to see the
bulk build finished and failures get evaluated. I'll keep you updated on
that.

Joerg