Re: USE_CMAKE in meta-pkgs/kde4/kde4.mk

Greg Troxel writes:
 > Are you sure that every package that depends on kde4 uses cmake?  I
 > would think some don't, and thus CMAKE_ARGS is set to help those that
 > do, but to permit non-cmake packages.

Initially, I was just guessing from the contents (i.e., so many
CMAKE_ARGS definitions) that anything using it would need cmake also.

However, I just did some greps on the pkgsrc-2011Q2 tree and found
that every file that includes kde4/kde4.mk either also defines
USE_CMAKE or includes kde4/Makefile.kde4 which does.

This suggests to me that the USE_CMAKE line should at least be
factored into kde4.mk and removed from the package Makefiles.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Brook