Re: GCC, once more

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 05:50:02PM +0200, J?rn Clausen wrote:
> Sorry, this got again a little bit lengthy. But I think it's not a
> simple problem...
>
> I am still in the process of figuring out, how to get lang/gcc46
> properly working on Solaris 10. Although it can generate working
> binaries, I am not happy with the rpath compiled into them. What I don't
> understand, and where I need input: What are the different places that
> influence this? Obviously, there have been some changes to pkgsrc
> itself, as lang/gcc34's behavior has changed since the last time I had a
> working environment.

Is the same fubar as sun's compiler where the path to the compiler
is embedded in executables (esp. C++ ones) because some shared
libs might only be available in the compilation system rather
than in the installed system itself.
We have to disable this for released software.
Since the path can be /net/machine/... I'm not entirely sure
that it might not entail a DNS timeout ...

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost